Thursday, June 28, 2012

Botany Immersion

 
I can't say enough good things about the science curriculum that we chose. The kids love it and so do I! Apologia's Young Explorer Series focuses on science immersion, taking an entire school year to focus on one area of science. Most children only get exposed to bits and pieces of science during their elementary years, randomly touching on different areas. This curriculum digs wide and deep. Not only is the text interesting and informative, there is also a WONDERFUL student journal that is full of great experiments and places for the kids to write, draw and collect. In the short time we've used this book, I've already learned more about science than I did during all of my formal education! The kids are always excited when it's time to do science, so that makes this series a big winner in my book!
 
K'nex Taxonomy
 
Building a light hut for the classroom.

 
Growing basil in the light hut.

*Apologia has no idea who I am and has not paid me for my endorsement. I just like to share good things when I find them.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment