Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Night in San Antonio


One of the things I enjoy most about our new lifestyle, is the ability to travel on a whim. We're always excited to hit the road in search of a new adventure, even if it's just a few hours from our front door.

When I first began explaining to people why I wanted to homeschool, one of my favorite examples was to say that I don't want to just tell my kids about the Alamo, I want to show them the Alamo. So when Coach came home and asked if we wanted to join him on an overnight recruiting trip to San Antonio, of course we jumped at the opportunity!

It was a quick trip, but we got to enjoy dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant on the Riverwalk, we explored every nook and cranny of the Alamo, and Coach managed to land one of the most sought-after recruits in the country. Not bad for a 24 hour roadtrip!

No comments:

Post a Comment