Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Lake Travis, Austin, Texas

To round out our weekend getaway, we spent our last day playing on Lake Travis, a reservoir on the Colorado River. We all needed a day to just forget about school and football and all the other responsibilities waiting for us back home.
 
Ready to ride!
Lucky for us, the Keep Austin Weird Festival had left the normally busy lake almost deserted. We rented a boat at the marina, slathered on sunscreen, turned up some tunes and headed out for some tubing. 

Hanging loose, ready for her first solo ride!
 
Mama's at the wheel...hold on tight!

Daddy getting his revenge!
Since the lake wasn't crowded, we all took turns driving the boat. Our kids are 7 and 9, but my husband was most nervous when *I* was driving the boat. As a matter of fact, everyone was nervous when I played captain. I think I should be offended!
 
 
 
 
Obviously we all survived my driving and a great time was had by all!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment